Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

His heart (#2)

TENT Course BGST, Tg Pagar Yesterday was my 2nd class. We talked more about the theme... and some students were questioning our lecturer about "work as a mission"... I was quite confused. During break, I talked about it with Peter and Daniel... and they kinda understood what I meant... I told them, apologizing that I didn't mean to underestimate anyone or judge anyone, but... I thought "work as a mission" should be automatically, fully understood. But Daniel thinks that the lecturer hasn't touched the real "issue". Hhhmmm... I learned Paul's 'rabbinic tradition' background... and how it influenced him to earn a living from tentmaking, involved him in hard work... a profession which was associated with the lowly during his lifetime. And our lecturer mentioned about William Carey... how he did excel in India, he and his team translated the Bible in 36 Hindi-languages... and his shoemaker profession. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." [1 Corinthians 15:10]

No comments: