Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1 more for L

Ateng lent me Five for Fighting's CD today... In it, I saw a song's title "One More For Love"... And suddenly I was reminded by God's Words few days ago, regarding His will in my waiting.

I invited him to our Christmas rally, but...

Therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you. [Isaiah 30:18] So God spoke to me few days ago. Spurgeon writes... Our Father has reasons known only to Himself for thus keeping us waiting. Sometimes it is to show His power and His sovereignty, so that men may know that Jehovah has a right to give or to withhold. More frequently the delay is for our profit. Perhaps you are kept waiting in order that your desires may be more fervent. God knows that delay will quicken and increase desire, and that if He keeps you waiting, you will see your need more clearly and will seek more earnestly. He also knows that you will prize the mercy all the more for its long delay. There may also be something wrong in you that needs to be removed before the joy of the Lord is given. ... Or God makes you wait for a while so that He may the more fully display the riches of His grace to you at last. As I'm eating my Cheezels now, I can't stop wondering, which one of those possibilities is mine... ^_________________^ Again, patiently God reminds me again ... Do not let despair make you silent, but continue faithfully in earnest supplication.

No comments: