Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 28, 2009

Phelps-obsessed

It's interesting for me to read about the Phelps-obsessed swimming society in the US... One of their athletes, named Aaron Peirsol, will be coming to SG for the Fina World Cup. And in the interview, he had to give an answer regarding the "suit". Haha. The notorious Arena swimming suit. Here's the excerpt: Q: You sound like you want the suits to stay on if possible. A: I don't know if we had enough time to let this whole thing digest to be honest with you. I don't know if people made a decision very rashly, very quickly. And it's a good decision to protect what they call the integrity of the sport. But I guess I started looking at it as also something from a progressive movement point of view as well of what it was doing to the sport, how it was helping not just the top levels but it was also starting to trickle down all over the world for a lot of summits. It was kind of elevating the competition within the sport. And I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest with you. It was just a point of view, a perspective that I had kind of changed in my mind. The integrity of the sport. Wow. And looking at myself, my work, I can't stop wondering why we can't have the sense of integrity in what we do here. LOL. Another interesting thing I heard today is to know a man's perspective, how he "refused to give himself emotionally to a woman". Hhmmm... It's to me an enlightenment. But, something changed him and "opened his eyes" that "life is better when you give to someone else instead of yourself". So, it's not merely about "men who fear commitment". I'm trying to digest...

No comments: