Friday, August 23, 2013

No, I didn't know it was Scotland.



In about two weeks' time I will be leaving Singapore for Scotland. 


Crossing the seas, leaving the continent where I was born in to be with someone I've been asked to pray for: Still asking God. Beyond imaginable. 




The calling


I would normally be woken up at around 3-4 AM, if God is putting something/someone in my mind to pray for. 
It rarely happens, but I had it so intense during the third week of last February till about second week of March at least; almost daily I would be woken up at those hours, being prompted to pray for the same person.

PS: It got better, much better after that, at least it's not so intense and I could sleep longer.  But it still happened periodically, especially, I noticed, if something happened to the subject of my prayer, be it an illness or a situation that he was facing. 

After a couple of months of a mental battle, of wondering, of struggling to obey, sometime in mid April I asked God angrily, "Why do You want me to pray for this man? He's a big boy, he can take care of himself."
I was taken aback reading His answer, Luke 17:10.



So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’

I was looking around my bedroom where I'd been living with boxes packing up my stuff, I was asking God on the very last week of May, "Am I leaving this continent, God?  Is that what Your really want?  It is not too late if You don't want me to go. I could drop everything."
And again, Luke 17:10 was given to me.


It's been tough and challenging for me, to just keep coming to Him with my Why's yet to keep on striving to obey (He enables me to, for sure).  I am not even sure if the subject of my prayers cares about my existence at all. 
It has been tearing me apart for months. But I chose to obey.

The Rupiah has plummeted towards any currency these past few days.  This is one of the challenges in finances that concern me.  And I found myself asking Him again, Are YOU sure, God?


No comments: