Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Survivor

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO..  I watched his presentation for the WWDC 2011 Keynote on Apple events and ya, he does look skinny, but I didn't know until today that he's a survivor.  A pancreatic-cancer survivor.   Knowing how aggressive a pancreatic cancer is, I admire his fighting the battle.  I was in his shoes.  I know what kind of war that must be.  All the best, Steve.


I'm fighting a different kind of war today.  Another war of fighting "worthlessness"; to remind myself that I am indeed worthy, that I am not ugly, that I am precious enough to be present in this world.  An ongoing war with my own self and today I, too, had to fight the feeling of not wanting to trust someone.  I'm not a survivor here. Yet. 



It hurts to hope and it hurts more to care.




No comments: