Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Laura's Story... and Mine

This morning there was a boy standing on the stage, sharing to us about his recent experience in a country in Southeast Asia... The experience was precious to him and he clearly makes a call to everyone to get to see the needs that he has witnessed as he spent days with the kids growing up in poverty.  I'm sure he's not even 15  :-)

I can't really sure why I suddenly found myself... with teary eyes.  Oh well, having a melancholic temperament is a thing, I'm sure, but I guess the ongoing war too, is another thing... I'm in a constant battle of relinquishing my control over things in life and it includes... relinquishing my desire of having children of my own.  It strikes me more often nowadays that... ya, this could be a tough one. Tough.

I thanked Him for reminding me an hour after that.  I don't give up anything... if only I knew what more will be given to me, what more I will find... in You.


stay close by my side
keep your eyes on me 
though this life is hard
i will give you perfect peace

in this time of trial
pain that no one sees
trust me when i say
i will give you perfect peace

and you'll never walk alone
and you'll never be in need
though i may not calm the storms around you 
you can hide in me
burdens that you bear
offer no relief 
let me bear your load
cause i will give you perfect peace


No comments: