Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Woman, why are you crying?"

I'm not sure if I would like rivalry  :-(   Natalie Portman plays very well as Nina in Black Swan; totally consumed with her ambition to be the Swan Queen, a new project launched by her ballet company, I saw the representation of what it means "something fierce in the heart of a woman".  Nina is haunted by 'perfection' in her own standard; she decides to pursue her dream, the deepest longing to be "my little princess". 

I feel sad for a friend; another reality how the assaults on a woman's heart continues to this very day -- I know what they call Your "holy place" is not a place for holy people, still... I mourn over our "boys who can shave".

Shame on them.

Yet... forgiveness is a choice.  Indeed.  She is angry. I am angry. She thinks she was a fool, devastated to know that she could be hurt so much.  I am devastated to know how her heart is assaulted.  But, yes, we chose to forgive.

However, as we forgive, what is wrong remains wrong.  It matters. It hurts us deeply.  And we are thankful that we know where to turn to with this wounded assaulted heart. 

A God who calls His own by names, You called Mary and asked her, "Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"

Your resurrection meets each of us at our needs.  And we turn to You for healing...    


No comments: