Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Year That Was

It's not printed on a fancy paper...  It's a picture of world's map as its front page.  It's the wedding invitation of Alice.  It would be an interracial marriage... something that I am fond of. 


You had practically used up almost my entire 20s to deal with doctors, medical terms and sorts... only to realize now how much more I want a "normal" life. 
Thanking You for speaking to me through John 15 -- again -- in the beginning of another year.  You have made Your choice; You chose me... You chose me for You.  For Your sake. For Your reputation.  For Your name.

And for that purpose, You prune me, so I "may bear more fruit".  You do know how painful it is when You prune me, don't You?  But I know, too, that You do not care much about it... because You chose me for Your sake.  Your reputation is much more important.

Remind me of that... That as long as Your name is protected, secured, magnified, my wellbeing and dreams have to be put out of the way.  Help me to always prioritize You, You and You alone... Because You deserve it.  You are the Owner of my life and the entire universe. 


Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

No comments: