Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 14, 2008

Since 1960

We had a "Staff Thanksgiving" service today. Rev. Gordon W. preached about The Power of Grace from the story of Ruth and Boaz...
Angels were in yellow today! Except Angel Elin... 'cos she had to lead the worship with Mr. Ian Goh. And we were quite "upset" when we found out that Mitch wore yellow polo-shirt too. LOL.
In our Fridays-BS session with Ps. Norman this evening, I finally poured out my frustrations (hhaalllaahhh...) -- shared to everyone about how tough it is to be in my position at work... yep, about things that are against my consciousness... And that the more I get involved, being part of the system, the more my consciousness judges me...
We then prayed... and I personally prayed that I am thankful, for God is faithful even in times when I'm not being faithful...
I prayed, St Francis Methodist School was established in 1960 and it proves too how God's faithfulness to the school has stood the time. I prayed, that I am thankful, for being reminded (again) from Luke 18:1 a few days ago... that I should always pray and not give up.
Pardon me, Lord, for being easily giving up... and thank You, for not giving up on me.
(PS: I've been learning to pray in English now. LOL. Hahahahaha. But, I prefer to pray in Indonesian, of course. And it feels awkward to say "I" instead of mentioning my name "Lisa" when I pray in English -- as I always use my name when I pray).
To God be the glory, great things He hath done
so loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
who yielded His life, an atonement for sin,
and opened the lifegate, that all may go in.
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus, the Son
and give Him the glory,
great things He hath done.
Fanny J. Crosby (1820 - 1915)


And finally, we had the last meeting a few hours ago. Our last meeting for the next month's event!!! Help us, Lord, to be faithful and diligently do our part, giving our best... 'cos we can always count on You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how come no picture of me =p

i know it can be tough at SFMS. Dont worry, the angels are with you so is God.

-elin-