Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 21, 2008

p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-n-g

apologetic... That's what Steph says about me... Mmmm... I explained it to her. weeping this morning when He spoke to me...
Tidak pernah Aku berkata dengan sembunyi
atau di tempat bumi yang paling gelap.
Tidak pernah Aku menyuruh keturunan Yakub
untuk mencari Aku dengan sia-sia!
Aku, TUHAN, selalu berkata benar,
selalu memberitakan apa yang lurus. Yesaya 45:19
We may gain much comfort by considering what God has not said. What He has said is inexpressibly full of comfort and delight; what He has not said is hardly less rich in consolation. It was one of these "said nots" that preserved the kingdom of Israel in the days of Jeroboam, the son of Joash. "The Lord said not that he would blot out the name of Israel from under heaven" (2 Kings 4:27, emphasis added). In our text, we have an assurance that God will answer prayer, because He "said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain." You who say bitter things against yourselves should remember that, no matter what your doubts and fears may say, if God has not cut you off from mercy, there is no room for despair. Even the voice of conscience is of little weight if it is not seconded by the voice of God. What God has said, tremble at! But do not allow false ideas to overwhelm you with depondency and sinful despair. Many timid people have been troubled by the suspicion that there may be something in God's decree that shuts them out from hope. Yet here is a complete refutation of that troublesome fear, for no true seeker can be decreed to wrath: "I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not [even in the secret of My unsearchable decree] unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain" (Isa 45:19). God has clearly revealed that He will hear the prayer of those who call on Him, and that declaration cannot be contravened. He has so firmly, so truthfully, so righteously spoken that there can be no room for doubt. He does not reveal His mind in unintelligible words, but He speaks plainly and positively, "Ask, and ye shall receive" (John 26:24). Trembling one, believe these sure truths--that prayer must and will be heard, and that never, even in the secrets of eternity, has the Lord said to any living soul, "Seek ye me in vain."
Perhaps, You really want me to ask for it... to seek Your will for it... 'cos I've never asked for it before. I used to think that... I don't deserve it.
I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain. -- Isaiah 45:19

No comments: